Monday, June 9, 2014

A Day In The Life Of This Working Mom

5:55 Alarm goes off. I get ticked because it's too early. I stumble downstairs to heat up the coffee pot. I am going to need coffee to make through this day without losing my mind. I stumble back in bed and go back to sleep knowing darn good and well I set about 100 alarms to go off.

6:08 The alarm goes off again. I get up get cleaned up and dressed. I do not have time to do my hair or makeup, but the kids don't care what I look like and I don't stink so that's all that matters.

I begin dressing the kids and brushing their teeth. We go through the "I don't like that shirt" and "Where's my shoes" arguments. We get loaded up and roll out of the driveway at 6:29. Thank goodness the daycare is not far and we get there about 6:33. We walk in. I forget the code to get in the door and K has to remind me.

K and I get to work at about 6:59. Not a minute to spare. We get in the office and get started when Dave gets there to get K.

My eight hour day is full of "Code Browns" "What's that Smell" and "Dang that looked like it hurt" moments. Not to mention a desk full of paperwork that seems like it grows instead of shrinking like it should have since I worked through my lunch break.

I stopped by the store on the way home since we were going to have company for dinner. I make two different meals since Dave and BF love chicken and rice but BF's hubby and I hate it. I make it into the house and start a quick pick up since hubby had the kids all day and the house was a complete disaster area. I begin to change out of my scrubs when our company arrives. They don't care about the mess, they have kids too. So now I have a 6,5,4,3,2 and 1 year old running around crazy.

I get dinner started while we plan our beach trip. We are all so excited. I wonder who will end up blabbing to the kids. Luckily, we didn't get caught planning. They leave around bed time for the monkeys. We get C in bed, since he now has his own room as of last night. K and E got to their room to discover that C has shoved something into the XBOX. XBOX is now broken. I find the old DVD player and get a movie started while Dave tinkers with trying to fix the XBOX. I jump in the shower and come out to find what was the XBOX shattered everywhere. We clean the mess up, tuck the boys in and go down to the living room for our 30 minutes we get alone 2 days a week. The rest of the week we will pass each other for maybe 10 minutes.

I get hubby sent off to work. I need to clean, but am too tired. I load the dishwasher and start a load of clothes. Now time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment