Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Reuse to Save Money


This is a big money saving hobby/tip that I have just recently learned about. Upcycling. Essentially it is what we were taught in school as kids "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle." I never really gave that lesson much thought growing up. As a young adult I became more aware of the environment. I want to preserve nature for my kids and I began recycling but nothing more. 

Now that I have grown up a bit and have kids, it has become something a lot more important to me. We cloth diaper, we breastfed, and co-slept. This was all something that was natural to me. It is was right for my family. It was also good for nature. Now the kids are growing up and we are teaching them to preserve. 

We are also teaching them to be frugal so they can survive in life, especially those college years. I let them reuse paper for art. We save broken crayons to make into more crayons. We donate toys and clothes. We cut up ruined t-shirts for cleaning rags. I want them to learn this. 

There are so many things you can make from materials you already have on hand. Games, gardens, furniture, ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment